Rafting on the Teesta River
Listed below are the details for rafting on the Teesta River.
Rail Head = New Jalpaiguri
Airport = Bagdogra
Sinclairs Retreat is at Chalsa (Dooars) – write up attached
Distance NJP/Bagdogra to Chalsa = 60 kms, 90 mins driving distance
Maruti van – NJP/Bagdogra to Chalsa = Rs.900 one way
Sumo- NJP/Bagdogra to Chalsa = Rs 2000 one way
Room rates at Chalsa = Rs. 3300 APAI per night TAC Rs.450
Rafting Details :
1) Distance from Chalsa – To Rafting site is 2 hours drive.
2) Transportation Charges to & Fro
Price Available on request
3)Starting Point – Melli to 29th Mile
4) Distance – 11 Kms. (1.5 hrs)
5) Minimum/maximum Pax – 4 to 10 persons
6) Rates – Rs. 350/- per pax
7) Season – September to April
8) Timing – 9 am to 4 pm.
9) Shifts – 4 to 5 shift a Raft.
10) Total Rafts available – 4 Nos.
11) Pre Booking – Available from DGHC Siliguri
12) Grade – On international scale- Grade 4
What to Bring :
Set of Dry Clothes
Extra Pair of Sneakers, Waterproof Sandals, Canvas Shoes
Half Pants , Shorts
Alcohol is not permitted upto 6 hrs prior to river trip
Hot snacks/tea/coffee will be served at the end of the journey at 29th mile